Join the Team
We are a UK registered Christian charity with a friendly, inclusive culture and a warm working atmosphere, whose aim is to engage with people’s heartfelt questions about the Christian faith and explain the hope that the Gospel brings. Successful candidates would be expected to take part in the devotional life of the organisation and to be in sympathy with our aims and ethos. Our current opportunities are as follows:
- Programmes Manager (full time 37.5 hours per week attracts an annual salary within the range of £35,000 to £45,000 plus other benefits)
An exciting, new role has been created within our UK management team due to organisational growth. As Programmes Manager you will orchestrate the delivery of all our key programmes and activities across the organisation in the UK, support our teams and fulfill a strategic role in the development of our ministry’s events and programmes.
Your main responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with the Senior Management Team to plan and oversee the smooth delivery of all the Trusts activities and events.
- Foster and develop effective communication of the overall strategic vision and direction within Regional and UK Teams and presenting the work of the Ministry publically.
- Strategic development of future activities in close collaboration with the Media and Regional Directors with particular attention to new forms of media, publishing and e-learning.
- Direct the work of the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA) Administrative Team to ensure that a high standard is maintained, in consultation with the OCCA Directors.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have significant experience of managing others and will use a collaborative style to motivate you team. You will be skilled in strategic thinking, able to analyse situations effectively and to use a pragmatic approach to problem solving where the role requires it. You are also likely to have proven planning and organisational skills coupled with the tenacity and resilience to face challenges with enthusiasm.
You will also have the opportunity to put your already well-developed project management experience into action. Experience of dealing effectively with budgetary management would also be highly advantageous. Proficient in managing significant levels of written and verbal communication with individuals at all organisational levels and have excellent interpersonal skills, you will also be equipped to negotiate with others. You will be educated to at least degree level or equivalent together with numeracy skills. Experience of dealing with financial aspects of business would also be a distinct advantage.
Please note: as a result of our Christian ethos, this post is covered by an Occupational Requirement (OR) under the Equality Act 2010. The successful applicant will be expected to be a practicing Christian and to clearly demonstrate a personal commitment to the mission, principles, values and practices of the Trust.
Programme Manager Job Description:
- Admissions and Alumni Coordinator (full time -37.5 hours per week, attracts an annual salary within the range of £20,000 to £24,000 plus other benefits)
We have a wonderful opportunity for an efficient administrator to join our UK based team. The role is to provide key administrative support for all our student admissions for the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (our training programme run in conjunction with Wycliffe Hall):
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Overseeing and coordinating student admissions and applications for all student Programmes and to oversee relationships with our Alumni.
- Providing induction and support to students
- Financial administration including student fees and scholarships
- Supporting the school’s marketing and communications
To be successful in this role you will have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective relationships with individuals at all levels and from a range of cultural backgrounds. You will also have proven administrative skills: in particular you are likely to be well organized and effective at planning ahead, preferably with some understanding/experience of administration within a university or similar education setting.
As a valued member of our close-knit OCCA team, you will be self-motivated and hardworking, contributing you skills and flexible attitude to supporting your colleagues. You will also be educated to degree level or equivalent, proficient in managing written and verbal communication with individuals, and have good numeracy skills. (Previous experience of dealing with financial aspects of business would be a distinct advantage).
Admissions & Alumni Coordinator Job Description:
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or to the postal address below, explaining your reasons for applying and how your skills, knowledge and experience match the role requirements. You should also include the full contacts for two referees; please note that unless you state otherwise in your letter or CV, we will assume that you are happy for us to approach your referees at any stage. Please also be aware that as part of the recruitment process all candidates would be expected to provide evidence of your existing right to work in the UK, in line with current legislation.
Details of our employee benefits can be found below:
For further enquiries about the role please call 01865 302900 in the first instance.
Kate Shawcross, HR Coordinator, RZIM Zacharias Trust, 76 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6JT